About Lara Mellor Training and Consultancy
Hello! I am Lara Mellor. I am an experienced Microsoft Training Consultant and owner of Lara Mellor Training and Consultancy. The company was established in 2000. Originally based in Berkshire I moved to Northumberland in 2016. As a small independent training provider you will get a more personal service and a consistency of trainers you rarely get with the big corporations.
So why training?
Surely all the information that you would ever want to learn is out there on the internet by now? Well, that’s true. So what are the advantages of training with me?
Benefits of Training with Lara Mellor Training and Consultancy
- You will learn more, in a shorter space of time
- The delegates will be hands on. Which means they retain more than just watching a tutorial or reading an article
- Any specific questions that arise as the training is progressing can be answered immediately. This includes working with a delegates own examples to see exactly how it fits in with their own job role when appropriate
- The individuals being trained will learn to work more efficiently saving them time, and often frustration, which in turn saves the company money
- Our courses consist of modules, each of which lasts 2 hours. A days training would consist of 3 modules, chosen by you, to fit the specific needs of the delegates attending. This could even be a mix of products if required. i.e. two modules of Excel and one of PowerPoint. This gives a company real flexibility to match their training requirements. The old style introduction, intermediate and advanced levels approach often does not match the topics an individual requires. This causes delegates to be less engaged with the training and wastes time teaching skills not required at present.
- The modular approach gives the option of having a different mix of delegates on the different modules in the day. This means that delegates do not need to be out of the office for the whole day if that suits the business.
- Groups are a maximum of 8 which allows each attendee enough time for specific support throughout the course
- Training takes place at your own premises, using your own computers which cuts down on travel time and costs
- Individuals or small groups can be trained over SKYPE or equivalent when there are remote workers
- One to one drop in sessions can also be run in 1 1/2 or 2 hour blocks targeting individual specific problems
- Often shorter sessions can be run which may suit individuals with specific requirements
- Before the course training needs analysis can be carried out to make sure all delegates get the most from the sessions
- Evaluations are carried out at the end of the training sessions to ensure training needs have been met and this feedback is passed back to the company
Want to discuss things further why not contact me